Monday, December 15, 2014

Reader Results Are In!: Good Strategy vs Great Plan

And the winner is . . . Good Strategy by 63% to 37%!

This was fun and thanks to everyone for playing along.  In fact, it was so fun that I am thinking of turning this into a mid-term question for my grad class on Nonprofit Strategy at Maryland.

Is “Good Strategy” the “right” answer?

It all depends on your reasoning.

A number of people pointed out that the only way for a Plan to be “Great” is for it to be based upon a Great Strategy.  Aha!  This was a pretty good answer.  Holding this assumption then you get BOTH a Great Strategy and a Great Plan.  So those of you who pointed this out definitely get an “A.”

Another “A” answer for the Good Strategy option is from friend and former student Rahul Shah who points out:

“A great plan would be useless if the overall strategy does not guide the organization towards achieving their mission. The strategy is really what incorporates the mission, vision, organizational goals and much more as you know. If you can't clearly zero in on the intended impact, a great plan will not ensure you are working in the desired direction. This is why I believe a good strategy is more critical than a great plan (yet we can't deny that both are still very important!).”

Yes, Rahul, we can’t deny that both are important – vital actually.  Thanks to everyone for participating.  And with that, we are closing up the Blog Shop for 2014.  Happy Holidays to all and I’ll be back in touch in the New Year. 


For more ideas on how you can lead breakthroughs in your organization, follow this blog and check out my web site at www.SheehanNonprofitConsulting.com   You will find free resources you can download, including a Breakthrough Strategy Workbook that you can download at no cost.  You can also check out my book, Mission Impact:  Breakthrough Strategies for Nonprofits, and buy it if you are interested.  And you can follow Sheehan Nonprofit Consulting on Facebook.

5 comments:

  1. When I found Dr. Aire I was in desperate need of bringing my ex lover back. He left me for another woman. It happened so fast and I had no say in the situation at all. He just dumped me after 4 years with no explanation. I contact Dr.Aire through his website and He told me me what i need to do before he can help me and i did what he told me to, after i provided what he wanted, he cast a love spell to help us get back together. Shortly after he did his spell, my boyfriend started texting me again and felt horrible for what he just put me through. He said that I was the most important person in his life and he knows that now. We moved in together and he was more open to me than before and then he started spending more time with me than before. Ever since Dr. Aire helped me, my partner is very stable, faithful and closer to me than before. I highly recommends Dr. Aire to anyone in need of help. Email: drairehome@gmail.com, Call him or add him on whatsapp via: +2347036740271

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm 30 years old female I tested genital herpes (HSV1-2) positive in 2002. I was having bad outbreaks. EXTREMELY PAINFUL. I have try different kinds of drugs and treatment by the medical doctors all to know was avail. Six months ago I was desperately online searching for a helpful remedies for genital herpes (HSV1-2) cure, which i come across some helpful remedies on how Dr Edidia have help so many people in curing genital herpes (HSV1-2) with the help of herbal treatment because I too believe there is someone somewhere in the world who can cure herpes completely. As of the past 2 months, however, I've been following his herpes protocol Via dredidiaherbalhome@gmail.com and it stopped all outbreaks completely! To my greatest surprise I was cured completely by following the protocol of his herbal medicine . Don't be discouraged by the medical doctors. There is a cure for HSV with the help of herbs and roots kindly contact him for more information Via dredidiaherbalhome@gmail.com or Whatsapp him on +2349074505296.

      Delete
    2. My Name is Faith, and am really grateful and thankful for what Dr voodoo
      has done for me and my family. I Was having HIV/AIDS for good three years
      with no solution, the diseases almost took my life and cause I was unable
      to work and I was also loosing lots of money for medication, but one
      faithful day when I went online, I met lots of testimonies about this great
      man so I decided to give it a try and to God be the glory he did it. he
      cured me of my diseases and am so happy and so pleased to Write about him
      today. if you need his help of you also want to get cured just the way I
      got mine, add Dr voodoo on whatsApp: +2348140120719 or just contact Dr
      voodoo via email, voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com

      Delete
  2. I want to share this great testimony to the world on how Dr VOODOO cure me from HSV1&2 with his herbs, I was nervous when i first contact him about the cure for HSV but i decided to give him a try because i was desperate to get cured and be free from HSV. Dr VOODOO prepared the remedy and sent it to me through UPS,which I use just the way Dr VOODOO instructed me and thank God today I am a beneficiary to this cure and I went back to the hospital after 7 days of taking the herbs and I tested HSV1&2 Negative. So I will tell you all who are looking for a cure to his/her HSV1&2 that Dr VOODOO took research before he could finally get the solution to it and a lot of people are benefiting from him right now. He also cured my friend from HPV. Dr VOODOO heals with natural herbs. Please I urge you to contact him now through his email address: voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com or call and WhatsApp him on +2348140120719. He is capable of curing HIV/AIDS, HERPES, HPV, HSV1&2, CANCER of all kinds, DIABETES and so many other infections.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings to the general public, I want to tell about how I was cured of
    HIV disease by a Doctor called Dr. voodoo . I was browsing the Internet
    searching for remedy on HIV and I saw a comment of people talking about how
    Doctor voodoo cured them. I was scared because I never believed in the
    Internet but i was convince to give him a try because i having no hope of
    been cured of HIV so I decided to contact him with his email that was
    listed on the comment voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com when I contacted
    him he gave me hope and send a Herbal medicine to me that I took and
    it seriously worked for me, am a free person now without problem,
    my HIV result came out negative. I pray for you Dr. voodoo God will give
    you everlasting life, you shall not die before your time for being sincere
    and great men. Am so happy, you can also contact him if you have any
    problem Email: voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com
    or Add him up on WhatsAp +2348140120719

    ReplyDelete